View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 10:28 PM   #24
Broeli
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2997

Quote:
Check out evolutionm.net and look at the tech section. Sounds like the tranny is plenty strong... I count 5 people claiming tranny problems, at least two are getting new tranny's or parts from mitsubishi, and guess what, they weren't even done with the break in yet. I'd be afraid of a tranny that fails during normal city driving
Hmm. I visit the forum ALL the time and never read that. Some are claiming grinding gears going into second, etc. BUT it is hardly an issue of the tranny being weak It is more an issue of either 1) people not used to the tranny and how to shift it properly or 2) Ayoung driver that has never even driven a stick before...yes there ARE teens buying this car..or should I say mommy and daddy buying them the car. Makes no sense. Same thing will occur when the Sti is released.
I have driven sticks for 15+ years and I think the Evo setup is pretty nice. The clutch, tranny, shifter are all smooth. I have done all kind of driving in my Evo and have yet to see a problem. Knock on wood
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.