Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #68
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

It's funny how sometimes the simplest tasks can suck up the time. So, I foolishly hadn't looked at where the Kartboy rear shifter bushing was located and assumed it was on the tranny for some reason. So I reinstalled and torqued to spec the driveshaft and driveshaft shield, then saw I had made my life more difficult by partially obstructing the install of the bushing. So, since everybody else can install the bushing without dropping the driveshaft, and I am at least decent with my mechanical skills, I figured I could at least replace two bolts for the bushing since everyone else was able to. No dice, I could not get the bolts to cooperate, got frustrated and tried to force it, and ended up stripping the threaded nut. Grrrrrrr!!!! So, in the end had to drop the driveshaft again, go to the hardware store and get a tap, retap the threads, and then with all this extra room to work, of course the bushing bolted right in. Frustrating, a very simple install took up a chunk of time, but it is correctly bolted in and another project is crossed off the list. Gotta laugh that it took that long for me to replace a part that is literally two bolts.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote