Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
NewRo12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 303650
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

Default First 2 month's owning my WRX / Snow

So I have owned my 2012 wrx for almost 2 months and put 3,500 miles on it already and got it's first oil change at RYE FORD SUBARU.. Even on a busy morning without an appointment I was in and out in about an hour. So far the service department seems a lot better than most of the Nissan dealers I dealt with but nothing close to infiniti's. So far the car has been great to me and am waiting to actually Mod it till i hit about 10-15k. Now the snow... This year the winter has been very mild. I know the tires are summer tires and should not be used in the snow.. I learned this lesson years ago when i got stuck leaving the dealership with my ALTIMA SE-R which came with stock summer Potenzas in about a half an inch of snow. Driving this car with the stuck summer tires will get you wherever you have to go if you drive CAUTIOUSLY. I engine braked for the most part and always allowed myself distance to stop. I actually feel that this car would handle a million times better than my brothers AWD infiniti M35x if they had the same all season tires on them haven driven both. This car is extremely easy to put sideways and maintain control of it while doing so...

Foot Notes
Changed oil at Rye Ford Subaru at 3,500 miles and had a good experience
Drove in snow with summer tires and didn't die.
Subaru's AWD > infiniti's
Drifting with summer tires is a lot of fun, especially in HUGE open parking lot.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NewRo12 is offline   Reply With Quote