Scooby Newbie

Member#: 307193
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2ktosti View Post
I always get a laugh out of the dummies who constantly spout BS about how summer tires are fine in the snow "if you're careful". It's not about being able to stop or turn when you have 100ft to do it, it when you have to make an EMERGENCY stop because something unexpected happens. Before some idiot comes and says "but if you are careful blah blah blah", it's called an emergency for a reason, only a complete moron believes that they can anticipate every situation.

OP- no this wasn't directed at you, inevitably someone will come in here to tell us all how to drive and that we must suck at it because we're smart enough to use the right equipment for the job. Preemptive smack down
I agree. Especially in cold and on ice. Yeah you can drive carefully and if your lucky you wont have to make a quick stop on a sheet of ice. I drove for years with "all-seasons" and never got in to an accident.

I get a kick out of people who spend 30k+ on a car then dont bother to spend 500 dollars on winter tires. If you drive somewhere where there is going to ice/snow for a few months every year, it is worth your investment. Its actually cheaper in the long run to run snow tires in the winter if you drop down to 16" tires. (which many owners would suggest). Not to mention your insurance deductible alone is probably worth more then a set of winter tires.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Drcujo is offline   Reply With Quote