Old 01-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #73
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Sti aluminum control arms mounted, equipped with Whiteline Motorsport ALK and Robispec forward control arm spherical bearing. These parts should go quite a ways toward the overall handling of the vehicle. Whiteline ALK provides mor static and dynamic caster, which when combined with the Ground Control Camber/Caster Plates, should give me significantly more caster than stock. The spherical bearing and motorsport grade polyurethane will help the dynamic allignment of the car, meaning significantly less deflection of components, which leads to compromised suspension geometry, when the car is pushed hard. I am very excited to feel the overall impacts of this series of modifications to the front suspension. The benefits are multifaceted, more caster, reduces the need for heavy amounts of static negative camber, increased stiffness of the alloy arms, reduced unsprung weight, which will help offset the inscreased weight of the 18x9.5 Rota DPT rims I will be running. I am really looking forward to the spherical bearing in the front control arm, I have preached it multiple times throughout this thread, but until you have driven a car with spherical bearings in anger you have no idea what you are missing. Once you have you will be addicted to the loveable, crisp, immediate fele of non compliant suspension and chassis bushings. Of course I did a sort of middle ground, as some of my bushings are polyurethane instead of spherical, as they were all I was aware was available at the time, but regardless, it is farther than I see the majority of subarus go and feel the benefits are well worth it. Only time and results will tell the true story.

Obviously, still need to attach the longer whiteline outer tie rods, but here is the control arm attached. Excited to feel this effect, as it was significantly harder to reattach the front control arm with the reduced deflection of the ALK and spherical bearing. Ended up having to use a lever (i.e. large screwdriver) between the forward part of the arm and mount to leverage the control arm into position. It is this lack of play theat will produce significant increases in control, predictability, and immediacy of suspension response when driven aggressively.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote