Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #85
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

When pushing the amount of fuel needed to create the power this little build is capable of, it is essential to upgrade the fuel pump. Most people go with Walbros, but I went another direction for a number of reasons. I am not over awed with Walbros reliability, plus I don't like how you need to keep the tank filled to prevent burning out the bushings. Did you know Walbros don't even use ball bearings, but use bronze bushes. These bushes rely heavily on the tank of gas to cool and stay lubricated. Just not the right choice for me, when for a little more you can get the Aeromotive Stealth or Bosch 044. While reading the msi build thread I learned about Fine Line Imports located near me in Santa Rosa. I called them initially to request their drop in Bosch 044 fuel pump kit, but they recommended I use the Aeromotive drop in pump instead, saving me a couple dollars as well as getting something that will perform perfectly for the task at hand. With the affordability of these high flowing fuel pumps I do not understand why people still bother with Walbros. I can not believe they do not use ball bearings.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote