Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 AM   #86
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Had to dissassemble the front coilovers to grease the wear points on my H&R coilovers. Ground Control warned me when I got these that by getting the race version and not the polyurethane street version that they would be slightly noisier, which is not at all outrageous in NVH and you are rewarded with a vast increase in cornering power and dynamic allignment consistency. In an effort to quiet them down I tore the coilovers apart and greased the mating surfaces, we will see if this helps. If it is the same no biggie, as it is not outrageous and the benefits definitely far outweigh the nvh penalty. These camber/caster plates have so many functional features, independent caster adjustability, top mount to preserve compression travel, a thrust bearing that supports the weight of the car to prolong the life of the spherical needle bearing in the top mount itself, etc. These are an amazingly designed piece of work, and like many parts slightly more than their competitors products, but offering vastly more performance potential for the slight increase in cost. I can't stress it enough, save up and buy the right part once. It is actually cheaper down the road since the inferior part will nto work as planned and fail, and you will have to replace it early as well as other part sthat fail due to the other part failing. I've been saving a long time for this build, but the results will far surpass those ebay builds out there using chinese knock off parts.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote