Old 01-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #90
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Coilover loosely installed for mock up and test fitment. Pleasantly surprised at the angle of the lower control arm, the Whiteline Extended Ball Joint dropped the lower control arm pivot significantly, which will do wonders for my roll center and suspension geometry. Still need to graph out the camber curve and roll couple, but its at least getting the lower control arm in the ball park for my suspension ride height. Still needs to be fine tuned once everythings put back together, but must say I am pleasantly surprised. And since I did have a few gripes about whiteline in my other post, this kit and most of their products have fit beautifully. Makes me wonder why they designed the few parts with fitment issues the way they did. H&R coilovers, Ground Control Camber/Caster plates, Whiteline ALK, and STI Aluminum lower control arms installed. Coilovers and mounts are installed just finger tight for the time being as this is still a mock up, as obviously the coilover needs to be unmounted to install the axles, which I just got the pins for (thanks flatirons tuning). Like I said at the top, very pleasantly surprised at the preliminary positioning of the lower control arm with the Whiteline extended ball joint. Still needs some fine tuning, a little finess, but definitely progress in the right direction. I love suspension work, so easy to make significant and measurable gains in lap times, chassis balance, predictability, confidence, etc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote