Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullrichv2 View Post
I want your job, whatever it is that allows you to buy so much awesomeness
I guarantee you don't want the job I was doing while saving for this build. Retail sucks and doesn't pay ****, but in this economy you have to take what you can. Basically it was a lot of 50 hour work weeks and saving every penny. I just got a new job, and in the field I graduated in, so hopefully soon I can start with some bigger steps, I.e. 6 speed swap with high end coilovers and upgraded diffs, a solidly built block and full race twin scroll efr kit, and raiding msi's amazing parts catalogue. But we will see, my 240sx could use a lightly boosted lightly built vq35. It's so easy to spend money on car projects. And since I'm dreaming I would love a lift in the garage. Time for me to go play the lotto.

Realistically though, nothing I am doing on this particular build, parts or labor, is outside the reach of anyone who is purchasing a wrx. This is a bolt on queen, no custom fab, no roll cage, much to my disdain no seam Welding of removable parts (I.e. rear subframe). This is all attainable and doable to the average enthusiast. Take your time and ensure the parts you buy are the correct ones for your end goal and usage, do it in stages and take your time. A grand or two in suspension mods will absolutely transform the feel of your car and really let you take full advantage of its capabilities. While this is an extensive project, it is a bolt on queen, engine hasn't been cracked, suspension geometry not radically changed etc. Not to say this thing won't be fast as an end result, just that it is attainable and doable to the average enthusiast, and illustrates the immense work, knowledge, and fabrication skills of the true track cars being built, and why you should use reputable shops for their knowledge and expertise. This build is just scratching the surface of what these cars are capable of. It will be interesting to see the numbers (both power and handling) that this thing will do at its meager level of modification.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by soccer05; 01-27-2012 at 12:45 AM.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote