View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 01:37 AM   #12
carpetsloth
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17863
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Silver

A friend of mine that works for SOC said the price range was going to be from 48-52K but I personally believe it's all FUD at the moment. They are doing the same thing now that they did with the WRX, making everyone think it's going to be 2-5K more than what they actually intend to sell it at. That way when they release the pricing info they get the "ooooooo... ahhhhh" affect.

Also, the canadian model STI will get the heated mirrors, heated seat (the other heated seat is gone in favor of the manual DCCD switch) and a stereo. I am pretty sure the headlight housings will be the same from the us spec to canadian spec since I think all the other models around the world are getting HID. (they won't make a special housing for us). I believe the price difference between the HID ballasts and bulbs and the stuff we get standard over the US model will leave the pricing pretty much identical across the border. Anyway, I doubt it will be a big deal to get some subaru ballasts, bulbs and associated parts to do an HID conversion on the canadian spec STI. A lot easier than swapping mirror heaters and seat heaters. :-) Maybe I will be able to trade my canuck 6 disc changer for a set if yankee HID's.

Ours may be a little cheaper here but not much. I really hope the 30K USD number being thrown around is correct. I'd love to get one for 44K cdn! I'm planning for the 49,995 number but the 44K would be a real treat.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.