Scooby Newbie

Member#: 281995
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8WRX View Post
if your putting a v7 jdm ej207 into a 2002 usdm wrx all you need to do is plug it all in. ECU will plug in and match up and the head connectors as well. The only difference is they add 8 wires (4 passenger side, 4 drivers side) for AVCS in the JDM cars. IAperformance sells a plug and play kit you just remove the pin blocks and install the wires running 4 from the passenger head pin block and 4 from the drivers one right to the ECU. they use all the same pin blocks just the USDM cars they left those spots for the AVCS empty. its about the easiest swap you can do.
^^Im getting ready to do the same thing pretty much. Ive been reading over and over all kinds of stuff and I wish someone did a write up on a how to or something. Im finding quite a bit of conflicting info.

I dont want to have to buy the ia harness if I dont need it. I have a bugeye and WRX chassis harness, v7 ECU, and v7 engine harness. I also have the WRX engine harness in case I need to cut out some connectors, but I think the v7 harness has them plugged in already. What are the "shielded" wires? Do I just need to repin the factory wires that used to be the TGVs?(on the chassis harness) Shouldnt those be the wires I need to relocate on the harness inside the car?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ECMFab is offline   Reply With Quote