Scooby Guru

Member#: 64908
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
10.8 XT+10.0@143 GR+
2x9.0@170mph GTRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasv11 View Post
I did see this car ^^^^^^ in person and it had no real weight reduction that I could see(just the cf trunk and cf hood/no exhaust). In fact there was stuff on it that they could have easily removed to save weight but didnt for some strange reason.

I know the normal train of thought in drag racing generally is around for every 100lbs of loss = .6 of a tenth.

so 500lbs less would equal 3 tenths of a second faster(not really as much as you would think)

also a lighter car is harder to get to hook up at launch,my car always spins through 1st and second gears as seen in the vid taken at Byron this year.
That car was a real deal street car. The exhaust came off for the track because of back pressure problems from the greddy sp exhaust. On top of being a full weight car it also had a full 10pt + chute/net setup as well.

Also the 9.7 was on my worst 60ft/330 and 1/8th of the night. The track prep was **** after the first test pass to the 1/8th were it went 6.2@110 lifting. It was fast and DEF would have gone a .40-.50 that night on a clean pass. Regardless it never did, and I have no clue where the car is now.

That car at 2600lbs would have gone low 9s.

When your car is heavier you have to be cautious not to break ****. Light weight cars are more forgiving on driveline parts, and once you setup the suspension and ecu you can easily cut consistent 60fts. I had the 2 p&L cars cutting within .02 between passes. 1.30-1.32s all day long. The heavy 06 cut a 1.36 on the first pass testing the track.

Byron sucked for traction BTW.. even my 11sec forester was spinning into 2nd gear, so I wouldn't base much off that track . I'm sure once that suspension is setup and the traction in the ecu is dialed in you wont spin much.

jr
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Junior2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote