Member Sales Rating: (47)

Member#: 43393
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi a6
Daytona Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forman Performance View Post

Alright. I think we need to step back a bit and put things into perspective with some fact, rather than just sit back and allow you to exaggerate yourself into a situation of panic here. I truly intend no disrespect or level of confrontation here, but something needs to be said. Otherwise, it just sounds like you enjoy blowing the situation out of proportion
I don't view anything being blown out of proportion, none of your customers set your dead line.

Quote:
How would you approach the situation differently if you had 40 people waiting for an item and the manufacturer is taking a little bit longer than initially anticipated? Would you post the exact same update every single day for each person subscribed to the post to have a sense of false hope ignite within them only to find that oh... it's just the same member asking for the same update? Do you really feel that's a reasonable approach? Nobody is walking away with your $136. You, as well as everyone else on this thread, will receive their spoilers when they get here and no amount of daily bumping will make a single difference as to when you receive yours.
In the future you should pad your wait time if you are going to expect something to be made and shipped to you from overseas, there are too many variables in the supply chain. This being said your customers should understand that as a possible delay without question. Ultimately, it is your responsible as the vendor to insure prompt delivery of a product promised by you to your customer.

Quote:
The mass order for these items was placed on December 06, 2011. That's 8 weeks, or 2 months. Not 3 months. There was an entire month of the taking orders and keeping the group buy open. So you have not been waiting for 3 months.

Yes, you've been waiting beyond the initially estimated 4-6 week window, but things happen that cause delays, and being in the distribution position that we are in limits what we're able to do to expedite things. We've already planned to ship out everyone's order via priority mail, so that should help ease the waiting time a little bit.
You are absolutely correct the perception of wait time is unreasonable if the customer is counting off time from the date they sent their payment. Although the ad doesn't mention that you will be placing a bulk order at the end of the group buy, it is commonly known this is the practice.

Quote:
I'm having a very difficult time grasping how you feel that you're receiving any less priority than a walk-in customer at our shop. You do understand that these spoilers are being manufactured overseas and that we're still waiting for them to arrive, correct?

I'd strongly encourage that you come to grips with the situation and understand that we are not sitting on these items. They are on order and should be arriving shortly, this has been the case for the last couple of weeks and I've tried to explain it to you in as many different ways as I can. We're not scam artists. You can feel free to call, email, pm or even stop by. The story won't change and you will have your spoiler shortly.

Don't get me wrong, we appreciate your participation in this group buy and value your business just as much as the next client, but when you take things to a point of exaggerated wait times and question our integrity, the line gets drawn.
Wow, you posted that? Meeting the deadline you created is your credibility and integrity; offshoring your production was your choice not that of your customers.

Quote:
^ It's refreshing to read a post from someone who sees the situation for what it is. I'm certain that over 95% of the people on the list understand this and are patiently waiting. We've done business with this manufacturer before and nobody will lose any money, it was just unforeseen delays, and we apologize for that.

I appreciate the vote of confidence. We're VERY close.
I'm really looking forward to seeing these on some cars. Keep trying, and learn from your mistakes.

If you've waited for 2 or 3 months for your spoiler, then another 2 or 3 weeks isn't long at all.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote