View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
rafael_rahme
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309485

Hello friends, first off, Im from brazil so excuse me my english

As I promised, here goes a step-by-step, guide to you if you want to do what I did, It isn't hard, Im not a pro nor anything like that, Im just an engineering student, you will have to know how to solder to get it done right, that was the only hard part for me, because I am not very good with solders

The original Idea was to drill a hole on the back plate of the stereo and pass a female TRS connector through that hole, I bought that connector to the equivalent to USD $0.25
That way the stereo would be still really compact in case I decide to remove it to sell and get one of those multimedia things, but I don't have a drill right now, I couldn't wait to get my hands working so I left the drill for a possible other time.

In this step-by-step tutorial I only routed the AUX input to under the dash, on that place with the 12V output, someday I will route it to the central console too and have a selector switch, so I have two inputs, and a switch to select which one is being used to avoid crossed signals, and MAYBE, let the ladies in the back choose what they want to listen to lol.

Unfortunately the order of the pics got inverted, so start with the pic number 79 (the last pic is the first)
so here it goes folks:

http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/a...DIO/?start=all

Please let me know what you think about it : )
Any inputs or questions are welcome.

PS.: My Stereo is the regular one, not the 6 CD changer, but I'm pretty positive it can be done with the 6 CD changer as well.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by rafael_rahme; 02-12-2012 at 11:36 PM.
rafael_rahme is offline   Reply With Quote