View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #54
Maxwell Power
Former Vendor

Member#: 190729
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc1827 View Post
discounted for a reason lol, the 18g makes and holds power but no subie is going fast with em....strange turbo

I don't know where you get your information.
The 18G-XT is a great turbo for a daily driven car that is looking at something between the lag of a 20G and the punch of a VF turbo. There aren't a lot of "fast" cars out there with them because they aren't a 500hp turbo. They work great for the target power they were built for and they hit their designed power numbers with very little lag, smooth output and steady boost. They are an excellent Autox and drift turbo.

Next time I do a swap into an older Impreza I'm running a 2.2L with an 18G-XT. The torque is great, the feel is great and the power pulls to redline.

My next DD STi will get a 20G-XT.

My RS runs a custom Blouch 35R that rips.

I have used turbos by FP, Deadbolt, Element, Turbochargers.com, Kamak, Precision and ATP. The Blouch turbos are my favorite and will receive my money with very few exceptions. BW will be that exception depending on the build. FP will never get another dime from my company.

Blouch discounts all their turbos. They rotated the discounts on all of them to give the customer a chance to get the turbo they want at a lower price.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Maxwell Power is offline   Reply With Quote