View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #1273
Jason16v
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 288103
Default Picked mine up friday

So I've been doing some research on various ehaust options and like many others on here I came across Nameless Performance. Some of my criteria were as follows:
  • Not insanely loud
  • Look as close to stock as possible
  • Allow me to downgrade should I need any maintenance work
  • Not too expensive
  • Future upgrade options
  • Good non-raspy sound
  • Local company if possible

I ended up going with the 2011+ STi/WRX Sedan Quad Tip AxleBack Muffler Replacement. I met John Hoyenga on Friday night after work ~8PM. He was very acommodating with my schedule. I ended up installing the exhaust later that night and I must say that I was pretty pleased with the outcome (although still slightly still a bit too loud for my taste - I'm 32, but I've had aftermarket exhausts before. Maybe I'm just getting too old ) My brother in-law on the other hand is a few years younger and insisted that the sound should be a bit louder (He drives a mustang cobra with a Bassani exhaust - Insanely loud!)

Here's a video my Brother in-law and I shot during the install:

and some random driving videos as well:

Overall I'm very pleased, the guys at Nameless do quality work. The sound of the boxer engine definitely comes to life after this andI'm happy to keep business local! As far as performance is concerned, I was really only looking for an option to release the sound of the boxer with the intention of a full exhaust post warranty, but I'm proud to report a butt dyne reading increase of ~5-10 HP
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Jason16v; 02-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Jason16v is offline   Reply With Quote