View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
lodown1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 200596
Vehicle:
98 Forester 3.0R

Now all that was left was to get the engine running on the OEM ECU. Before I started this project I was debating which engine to go with sti turbo or the H6. Well i found a JDM H6 for 1500 and so that made up my mind on going with the EZ30R.

Knowing the issues about getting past the immobilizer I had not made up my mind on wether to do full standalone or attempt oem. Staying oem and swapping the legacy interior parts had its draw as I did want an updated interior. But would it work?

After talking to the local subaru dealer about reprogramming the immobilizer, I knew I wanted to try and find a matching set of the immobilizer components so ECM, BIU, key, and ignition cylinder. Since the USA never had the H6 availible with a manual transmission I was not sure If the ECM would be looking for the auto trans.

while browsing ebay uk I came across a seller that had listed a nav unit for the uk 3.0r spec b. I emailed him and asked If they could supply all the components to run the engine, they did so I decided to take a chance and secured that deal. So now that i had what I thought would be a plug and play unit to run the engine.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lodown1 is offline   Reply With Quote