Scooby Newbie

Member#: 154281
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 V7 EJ207 Dom1.5
MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBgeye02 View Post
Wow didnt realize elevation killed power that much. come down the mountain and prob blow the damn engine up lol. More than likely you will have to look at them on nonjdm ej20's in the proven power board. i have no experience with either. I have heard alot about the 3071 on the jdm ej207's though. Im guessing with the flow of either one they should get you to your goal.

Yeah, generally the range i've been seeing for a Stage 2 ej207 with the VF30 is about 240-270whp. Altitude just happens to make me spool later and make less power.

Since my last tune, I've installed a Hallman MBC in parallel with my Prodrive EBCS. I did that to stop me from overboosting to 22ish psi (im tuned to 19.5psi peak) but theoretically, it would allow me to run slightly more aggressive WGDC and would help me spool. We'll see when I get my next tune.

I've also got UEL headers waiting to be installed but no point until I get the new turbo.

As far as going down in elevation, I've done several trips to Vancouver and it's fine. I definitely spool faster down there though.

What've you heard about the 3071 on an EJ207? Any graphs?

Basically, Im not worried about reaching the power goals with these two turbos... but im terrified of installing them to find that im not spooling until 5k.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Zaider; 02-13-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Zaider is offline   Reply With Quote