Old 02-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #30
jkopinga
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 220799
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
WRC Blue

Well since everybody seems to like to show off their ECU Recovery antics I'm going to post my version as well

I built it for ECU Recovery since there seems to be nobody in Asia being able to do it and sending ECUs back and forth to Tactrix became a bit of a problem due to the time involved. However thumbs up for Tactrix for this service which they offer really cheap!

2nd reason I wanted this was mainly to be able to wipe ECUTek completely off of the ECU for a lot of our customers which have complained about the lack of service and poor performance/drivability.

ECUTek dealers/tuners do not take this personal as I'm sure many of you are doing a proper job, however that seems not quite the case over here. I kinda lost track of all the blown engines I had my hands on after having been graced with an ECUTek tune. Nuff said!

I decided to make a bit out of an artwork out of it and wanted it to be very neat.

This is the Top side:

Very clean as I wanted it to be!

This is the Bottom side:

As you can see I have done component placement in such a way that the interconnections are as short as possible. For connections that are further away I use very nice 30 AWG Teflon wire which is perfect to keep all very neat.

This is the ECU Recovery board connected to my EDM MY06 WRX ECU:

I used Raychem Spec-55 Wire to make the connections as it's my wire of choice! I make all my Motorsport looms with this wire. It's very light and can withstand temperatures of 200*C continuous and 400*C short burst. It's a tad expensive though

Last but not least a test of the Watchdog Signal made with my Tektronix oscilloscope:

I have tried to Recover the ECU (although it wasn't broken but wanted to test it) and it worked perfectly. I used ECUFlash to do the recovery and did not find any problems like the others described. It might be due to the fact that my Microcontroller is a SH7058 instead of a SH7055 but I'm not sure.

Anyways needless to say it all worked a charm!

If anybody is interested send me an email

Cheers,

Jasper Kopinga
CS Racing
Taiwan.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jkopinga is offline   Reply With Quote