0BlueSTi4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 98955
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfit
Did this mod this past weekend to replace my ricey 6000k HID kit. Go ahead and flame me but boy did I learn my lesson. The output from the H9s is incredible! Can't get over how easy it is to see at night.

I also did the HIRs in the highs and attempted to install HoŽn endurance bulbs in the fogs. I say attempted since one bulb broke and left glass shards in my fog housing, FML.
Funny. I tried a Philips 4300k HID kit and also did not like it. The light looked spotty and not evenly disputed which made hard to see the road surface imperfections or navigate around them. On top of that the light looked blue-sh which made it get absorbed by the dark road surface. On lighter/older pavement it was better but still had hot spots and dark spots. The end result was I couldn't see very well at night. I learned from personal experience that extra ~1000 lumens is nothing without proper focus. I ended up driving with one HID and one H9 bulb for a couple of days and in almost all occasions the H9 bulb performed better at illuminating the road. HID looked brighter when looking straight at it but it also produced a very noticeable amount of glare. I am back on H9s and am much happier with them. If I ever go the HID route again it would have to be a proper retrofit.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
0BlueSTi4 is offline   Reply With Quote