View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #9991
james1078
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300439

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg18947 View Post
I don't think applying protectants and leather conditioner is going to take away the new car smell. In fact, I think it seals the gases in the materials keeping the odor longer. My 08 G35 still had a slight new car smell when it was 3 years old. I had used protectants on the vinyl and conditioners on the leather seats, and it was garaged. The leather does have a more musky animal hide smell these days (it smells like leather). The Infiniti has a much better quality supple leather seating than the Subie. Even the fake leather sections on the sides are of better quality. But, I do like driving the new Subie because it is light and nimble.
I sure am missing that new car smell. My wife ran over a skunk in my Impreza and now that's all I can smell. Left the car outside for about two nights ran the car through through the car wash with the undercarriage spray and then left windows down in the garage overnight to let the last little bit out of the interior. Inside is much better now, but I can still smell it in the drivers rear wheel well
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
james1078 is offline   Reply With Quote