Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #319
Imprezer
Dynamic Uno

Member#: 1
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX STi
Black

Actually most shops don't prefer working with cutouts. Plus, you look at this 13 page thread and every second person had to order a second set. Or, you buy one set and pay someone to install it. It kind of defeats the purpose of buying cutouts. To me, cutouts should make it very easy to install at a little extra cost. If most people can't install them correctly on their first try, it is not worth it. Margin of error is very small. Also, I am no noob to vinyl. I have wrapped numerous cars in full graphics. All the CUSCO cars I have built were wrapped. Door handles, mirrors and all... And that was back in the day when vinyl was not as nice as it is now.

If I was selling cutouts, I would leave more material around the edges and precut it so that it makes the installation a 2 step process with first being able to peal off the backing paper around the reverse light. That way you would first stick on the vinyl where it does NOT need to be pulled. Let it stick well, then peal off the rest of the paper and stretch it in all directions. That way the cutout position will not get screwed and all the extra material will allow you to pull it nicely. But I think Bat cuts them by hand and you would need a machine to cut the backing paper without cutting the vinyl itself.

The vinyl Bat uses is very nice. I was able to wrap it around the edge of the light with a nice tuck where the amount of extra material allowed me to. Imagine this... perfect application with no bubbles and creases and a good 1/8 fold over on the edges. That WILL last forever on the car and will look stunning. And again, the cut outs in their current state will NOT allow you do do that.

.02 more Rubbles.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Imprezer is offline   Reply With Quote