Scooby Newbie

Member#: 304676
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Ltd 5DR
Deep Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goob_os101 View Post
my wife's 2012 Impreza limited is averaging 24mpg. She drives 12 miles each way to work and home. All main streets with moderate traffic and lots of lights.
you will probably never see much better than that based on the short distance, and not completely allowing the drive train to warm up coupled with all the stop and go.....that being said.....a true hybrid is perfect for this type of commute....it probably would never get off the battery power.....

my 12 Limited HB PZEV CVT completely stock, is averaging over 30 MPG closing in on 31 MPG on a 100 mile daily commute with 6K on the odometer now....it has been inching up about a 0.5 MPG each month now with the increasing mileage...Im very happy with what Im seeing in my car.....

and remember...this is an AWD vehicle.....which is one of the features I was looking for....fuel economy was also a consideration....but not the primary......just a general statement...if MPG is the first consideration you are looking for in an economy car.....the Impreza isnt it.....look at hybrid models, or the sky active technology perhaps...or other NON-AWD models.......

Otherwise I beleive its way to early to condemn this car solely on MPG.....its been on the market about 3 months now...and not many owners have even passed a reasonable breakin period for the car....which I would suggest is somewhere between 3-5k miles......and after the first oil change.....lets wait and see what the MPGs look like this spring and summer......I think we all will be surprised......
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by PAO56; 02-28-2012 at 12:04 PM.
PAO56 is offline   Reply With Quote