Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
KarlSTI
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97582
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
04 Forester
Red

I remember when Will showed up at SOJ and the first day I had met him. Meh....just another guy....but then I found out he was "the" guy, and the only guy, I wanted working on my STi. From then on I made sure to request him for any work. I got to know this young kid that was so bright and personable. He always took the time to explain to me exactly what was needed...and I learned a thing or too from him along the way.

Will came to my rescue (along with Bill and other Subaru friends) when I wadded my STi and needed to get it back in shape. He spent time "after hours" getting me back on the road. Over the years I could always count on him for anything the STi desired. I remember calling him on his cell and rolling up to the shop and having him help me out and back on the road in minutes sometimes.....diagnosing overboost, weird noises, whatever it was, I could count on Will.

I could return the favors by loaning my landscape trailer to Will so he could complete his move down to FL....bring a variety of Subaru parts and stuff. He and Ashley and their daughter came by one time when he came by to pick up the trailer..... I never suspected that this was on the horizon.

I called him up 8 months or so back when I saw an angry facebook post by him (you may have seen it). He told me what was going on and and I tried to console him and that he could call me anytime. We talked maybe one more time after that. Last text I have from him was at Thanksgiving when I wished him well and he said thanks and the same to me. It's still on my phone.

I had been thinking of him recently and was going to call him...maybe do lunch... but the days flew by and now he's gone. Wishing I had called him... I'll miss him.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KarlSTI is offline   Reply With Quote