Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
riccnick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 311152
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Ice Silver Metallic

Default 2012 Impreza 2.0i Stability Control Function

Just purchased a 2012 Impreza 2.0i Premium with the All Weather, Alloy, and Moonroof Package. It is the CVT model (5-spds were a month out). Got the chance to test out the AWD yesterday after work. Came home to 8 inches of heavy, crusty snow on the driveway. Long story short, it works great. However, I was playing around on my road (also not plowed) and tried to turn off the Vehicle Stability Control to see how differently the AWD would operate without the traction control and skid control chomping at the brakes. It didn't operate any differently! I have consulted my owners manual, the .pdf owners manual on the mysubaru.com site, searched this site, and checked for TSB's on nhtsa.gov. The only conclusion that I have come up with is that the button does not actually deactivate the VSC (therefore making the owners manual incorrect), or that there is something wrong with my car. I've been reading through this forum for about two hours now, and I've read all the posts regarding different functionality for different years, and for the STi. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for hanging in there, I know its a lot to read, lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
riccnick is offline   Reply With Quote