Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 BMW 328xi wagon
Silver

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck
I'm betting that these tires will turn your car into an all-wheel-drive zambonie in the snow though. Winter wheels will be a necessity.
No offense to you in the least, Chuck, but I guess it always cracks me up when people say that "these probably won't be good in the snow," or whatever. Well.... of course not. They're summer tires. Yes, winter tires are a definite!

I bought my 9000s almost exactly a year ago, while stopping by TireRack's homebase in Indiana with my wife. I'd just put my OEM wheels with the RE92s back on the car after taking the winter ones off, and they were terribly worn. I was hoping for a set of Bridgestone RE950s, as I like a nice high-performance all-season. I like a good sticky tire, but I live in New England, winter can sneak up on you. (Like it did last night. See I keep my winter tires on til about the second week of April. Several people got trigger-happy with the warm weather we had last week, and in late March, and had put their summers on. Woops. Six inches of snow. )

As it turns out, Luke at TireRack could only locate three 950s in the warehouse, and I didn't want to bother driving back there or shipping them out to be mounted. So he got me some 9000s for the same price. I love them!!! Yes, tremendous rain grip, which I thoroughly enjoy--being a practical guy--and they're my first summer-only, dedicated grip tire.

Can't wait to put them back on, in a week or so. Mine are OEM 16-inchers. They don't have the super dry grip that some other summer tires do, but they handily blow away any high-perf. all-season, for certain.

-S2-
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote