View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #136
bnio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 259531

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.5 turbo hyped View Post
I recently bought the busted finger motorsports cable. all 4 of my computers would not load the drivers for it. Something was wrong with the cable. I used ebays buyer protection to ship it back to BFM and they said I "tampered with it" and that the failed install was a "user error". I never once did either. I finally got my money back from them and wanted to give you guys a heads up that if they send out a bad cable they will not admit the cable was bad and will blame you.

With that being said I purchased a vag com cable for $11.49 shipped off of ebay to my door and it was here in 3 days.

I have a 2005 subaru baja turbo 5 speed.

I used FTDI drivers and it installed no problem. I am using ecu flash 1.32 and it works flawlessly. I pulled the stock map without any issues after finding the green test mode connectors buried high in the dash. The cable even has a blue led on it when you plug it into the obd2 port. Both romraider logger and ecu editor work as well.

Best 12 bucks I ever spent. Stay away from BFM. I can post the nasty emails here if you want to see them.

I also wanted to let you know I just bought a BFM cable and it appears to be bad hardware wise just like the post above. The windows operating system (win7 & XP) will not install the drivers. It can't recognize the hardware to match it to the drivers that BFM says will work let alone the actual FTDI drivers from the FTDI website. Its not a user related issue, I am very experienced with computers and embedded microprocessors and their related hardware which is the guts of the BFM cable. Hopefully posting these issues will save some people heart ache, money and hopefully get this issue resolved with BFM. I have nothing bad to say towards BFM as of yet, but we will see as the conversation begins about the bad hardware. I too will be hitting up ebay for a VAG COM cable as of now. Thanks for the heads, I just wish it was a little earlier like last week before I order the BFM
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bnio is offline   Reply With Quote