riccnick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 311152
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoki View Post
I think 'weakens' it is a more accurate term.

Yeah, Just tried another experiment yesterday with the on and off button. With the VSC on, the traction control clamps down / cuts throttle so that it won't rev past about 3,000 RPM. However with VSC off, the throttle is not limited and will rev up as high as you want, even though the brakes are still chomping away at the spinning tires. Found that it actually transfers torque a little better like this (at about 4,500 rpm, as high as I felt comfortable letting it go), I'm sure at the expense of the brakes and drivetrain components.

Still, like I noted before, it will not allow any rotation of the chassis without the VSC killing it.

As far as a solution? My only thought is to find out where the gyrometer (yaw sensor) is in the car, and install a switch to kill power to it or something. This would effectively not allow the car to sense yaw (rotation). However I'm not completely sure it would have any effect on the intervention of the traction control. And it may just immobilize the car completely, depending on if the computer knows what to do without the gyrometer. My thoughts are that if any sort of mod is completed, all warranties will be void.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
riccnick is offline   Reply With Quote