SATurday March 17th Autocross
Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD is the location of the CDC 2012 season opening autocross on SATURDAY March 17th. We will also have a Test and Tune SUNDAY March 18th.
Registration and tech inspection will be at 8:00 and will promptly close at 8:45 to try to accommodate the full field, while still giving 6 runs. You must be DONE by 8:45. So if you arrive at 8:00 you won't have a problem. Don't arrive at the last minute.
Due to increases in costs from last year, the event fee for the Saturday autocross is now $30 for members and $40 for non-members at this event.
Hotdogs are now $2 and sausages are still $3. Drinks are still free.
We are transitioning to paper-less timesheets over the first three events. Removing the paper timesheets should make the event smoother and quicker. As this transition happens, we will need the participants to display their numbers on the cars. Over the years, we've gotten lazy over enforcing the numbers on cars, but now we will be strictly enforcing displaying numbers.
Make sure you download the bar codes (same as the ones for 2011 - some of the early barcodes in early 2010 won't work. So if you want to use last year's barcodes, make sure it is the same format as the new barcodes).
If you have problems, you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or we can also print barcodes for you at the event.
SUNday March 18th Test and Tune Day
These Sunday Test and Tune Events will be held the day after the Saturday Harry Grove Stadium Autocrosses in Frederick , MD. The Test and Tune event will be an informal autocross using the same/similar course as the day before. The differences are the following:
- Field is limited to 40 participants with about 5 organizers (for a total of 45 vehicles).
- Times will be announced and recorded on the timesheet, but no results, no points, and no indexes will be posted –This is only for fun
- No extra runs if we miss a time – This is only for fun
- The format will be 2 heats with 5 morning and afternoon runs (number of runs in the afternoon will depend on time and weather conditions. We hope to give 9 to 11 runs).
- No food or drinks will be provided – We need to keep the amount of equipment to a minimum. So plan on either bringing drinks and food or going out to lunch.
- Event is open to members and their guests only, since the event is so limited in size.
- The entry fee is $35 per member, $45 for non-members.
All 40 slots will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
On-line Reservation System
Member reservations (or participants that will join the club upon showing up) for any events can be made at any time. Open reservations for non-members for this event begin Friday March 9th.
We will be accepting new members at this event. If you plan to join the club at this event, you may make a reservation at this time by doing the following:
1. Use "0" as the member number (a permanent number will be assigned to you after you join and you will get a temporary number for this event)
"I will be joining the club at this event" in the NOTES section
when making you reservation.
The annual membership is $30 and is good for 12 months from the date you join.
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com