Alairmore
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309242
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccnick View Post
Thanks for the video. Good to know I'm not the only one out there doing donuts and sliding around! Did you have the VSC on or "off" in this vid? It doesn't look like the car let you get sideways very much at all. I'm going to try to find the Yaw Rate sensor underneath the center console and see if I can unplug it. Another option we all may have is to unplug one of the wheel speed sensors. Theoretically the ABS, Traction Control and VSC will all be non functioning, but the speedo should still work, and I hope the power steering will also.
That was with with VSC OFF via the button on the dash and the transmission in manual mode. Yep your right as soon as the car starts to get a little slide and you counter steer to power through it will apply brakes to a wheel and kill your rotationwhich is fine if your mom is driving to get some milk in a snow storm but not when I'm trying to power slide around a dirt road.

And yeah I love sliding around doing donuts and "drifting" AWD cars in snow and gravel its so much fun and very controllable on its own with out a nanny system messing things up.

That would be awesome if you could find the yaw sensor potentially we could then hook up a switch to kill power to it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Alairmore is offline   Reply With Quote