Turbo27
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270182
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
OBP

Default DEI Exhaust Wrap & Un-"STI"ing my intercooler

Today I finally quit being lazy and decided to put the DEI exhaust wrap on my Perrin Downpipe. Also Sprayed some paint stripper on my intercooler to take off the STI logo. Got some Rustoleum Aluminum paint from Lowes and sprayed the core with it to cover up where the STI logo use to be after stipping it.

Exhaust wrap install.

I decided not to wrap all the way down because I still need to do the up-pipe and wanted to have plenty left for that. Also I really don't see much reason to go any further because I am well out of the engine bay at that point. Hopefully I can compare some temp reading with other WRX owners and see how much of a difference this stuff makes. I'll get an infrared thermometer and compare between engine bays after idling, or doing a few pulls. My turbo is also coated to further help with the heat. I may even do a blanket later on if I feel the need. When The Reflect-A-Gold gets here Im going to do the end tanks on the intercooler and maybe the y-pipe if I have enough to spare. I got the 2"X15' roll so hopefully I won't run out too soon! Anyway on to the pics:

I just went to the parts store and got a 2 3" worm gear clamps and one 2.5"-4.5" for the bellmouth. Wasn't to bad to wrap. Much easier than I expected it to be.

In other news, I just paid for my Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's so they will be here sometime next week. I'm pretty excited since I started the ordering process in November and after 4 months of waiting I'm pretty eager to get them!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Turbo27; 03-13-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Update
Turbo27 is offline   Reply With Quote