So a couple friends and I just did this install on a 2011 wrx. I have to say this is incredibly easy. We are all very comfortable ripping apart cars so for us it went real easy and smooth.
We used a sawzall and hose clamp to cut the front strut housings and it worked great. A minute with a disc after and it was smooth and flat.
The car rides amazing and handles much better. We are looking forward for auto-x to start and start throwing the car around.
Pheny, thanks for the write up. Looking forward to the rest. One friend took a bunch of pics so I will ask him to add them if that is ok with you.