View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #42
ashio
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 163645

Quote:
Originally Posted by An owned guy View Post
I confused on how you hook up the parking brake wire. As in how do you get that material wrapped around the e-brake off? Also has anyone put a sub in the car yet? I am having trouble finding a spot to run the power for the amp from the battery into the car. Has anyone found a good spot to run it through?
You are suppose to tap into the car supply side e-brake wire before it going into the e-brake switch terminal. My pioneer HU unit comes with a long e-brake lead that has a round wire clip that supposely clip and latch right onto the car e-brake wire - it will slice through insulation and make a conctact with the copper inside.

However, there won't be enough room on the car e-brake wire in this car. I ended up taking another wire - insert one end and tap it into where the the car e-brake wire made contact with the e-brake switch terminal. run this wire back and out to under the dash and join the connection with the HU's e-brake lead there. This also make it easy just in case we may want to put a switch to enable/disable e-brake bypass.

Power for the Amp. I imagine the 12V Cigar outlet inside the console storage box which is the easiest to take out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ashio is offline   Reply With Quote