View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
seuss78
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 313758
Chapter/Region: NESIC

not trying to avoid the question, but more important than the products you use is how you use them. for basic wash/dry, i think you're fine with just about any purpose made mitt, soap, etc. but how you use them is critical. short of running through the whole process, basic premise for cleaning/drying is to be as "clean" as you possibly can with the process. the more you move that dirt you're trying to get off around on the surface the more you're likely to introduce imperfections in the clear coat. get as much off as you can before you put hand to car and keep your mitt clean as you wash (and/or use multiple). and definitely use different mitts for your wheels, rockers, and body. i work with a mitt in one hand and a swap sprayer in the other so i can switch back and forth between plain water and water/soap mixture quickly both to wet the car and to wash the mitt. proper/prompt drying also critical.

for interior i'm a big fan of Turtle Wax Ice Total Interior Care. leaves the interior looking and smelling factory fresh without any kind of greasy feel.

for clay work, polishing (when needed), and waxing, I've had good luck with Griot's system. pretty monkey proof and the results have been great.

enjoy the new car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
seuss78 is offline   Reply With Quote