Turbo27
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270182
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
OBP

Default Weekend update

I went to order some RCE lowering camber plates and it turns out no one has them. Basically the only reason I wanted them was for the lowering so now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next. The car needs to be together soon so I'm thinking of going with the Whitline Comp-C tophats for now and trying to pick up a set of the RCE lowering plates used later on. I read that RCE doesn't recommend using the lowering plates with yellows but I think that since I have the whiteline roll center kit I'll be negating any negative effects of lowering an extra 3/8th's of an inch, all the while not reducing suspension travel and increasing some wedge. I also want the car to look good and It would be nice to show people that you can get a very nice drop without going with cheap coilovers and not sacrificing suspension travel. We will see though...

So Comp-C's are on the wishlist for now, and I'll experiment with switching to the lowering plates whenever I get my hands on some.

Valve stems should be here today so I'll be hopefully getting my tires mounted Monday if I can but they won't be going on the car just yet...

I'll be posting up how I'm going to go about checking fender clearances and modifying the fender as needed. Hopefully It won't be too much rolling/crimping but we will see around Wednesday of this week.

Also got my Reflect-A-Gold so I will be putting that on my STI TMIC to help combat some heat soak, but more on that tomorrow.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Turbo27 is offline   Reply With Quote