Old 03-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #186
pxpaulx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 306218
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CVT
DarK Grey Met. Sport Prem

filled up this morning, best tank so far at 30.2 actual mpg. Trip gauge read 32.7 - caveat being that on my last fill it wasn't a true complete fill (1st bar dropped off within 10 miles of fillup) so the 30.2 number is taking into account a missing gallon or so of gas. It'll even out anyway.

Drove about 60 miles since fill, average is 33.9. That included a 6.4 mile test loop that I've taken twice now. The last time I did it (tried to find my post about it but couldn't) the temp was in the 30s, but it was after I'd been driving and the engine was completely warm. The loop returned 38.x on the mpg readout. This morning the engine was cold, temp 70 degrees and the loop returned 34.8mpg.

I'm at about 2600 miles now, and it is becoming pretty clear that a combination of cold and the pzev are a major detriment to mpg for this car. Bring on the warmer weather is all I can say to that!

I also noted that after that loop and the 34.8mpg readout, 2 hours later I drove my same route that I normally do to work...and the mpg meter had ticked up to 36.2 by the time I passed work 13 miles later (on our way somewhere else). An even better number! This car really likes to sit between 60-65mph on the highway. I'll keep updating my fuelly (that site is great for tracking actual gas consumption/expense, started using it with our other car too), not sure how much longer I'll stick around to read these couple of threads though, nothing new seems to be coming up and I'm just damn well enjoying this car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote