04.SPT.WRX
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 69568
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sedan
PSM

I received the PM excerpts below, here on 3/2 & 3/5. For those of us who have purchased the AOS this is not exactly want we'd want to read.

I suggested "I think it best if you were to mention the high G cornering issue in the description of the AOS on your web site".

As of 3/19 they have not.

On 3/2:

"There are some issue with the aos but over all it's benefits out weigh the cons, at least in our eyes. We find that the aos is perfectly suited for a DD that's looking to get the most out of the motor. This may not, however, be the case for a car that sees a lot of high g cornering or track days. Oil is able to go back up the oil fill tube and over run the aos with oil. We are working on a revision that will be better suited for the track but don't have any updates or release dates as of yet. People who have run this strictly on a daily driver have had amazing results!"

The I/C on my WRX is indeed oil free since the addition of the AOS, so for a DD it works as stated.

On 3/5:

"I auto crossed my old wrx with our aos and didn't run into any issues. The big problem seems to be on long sweeping corners where the oil has an extended period of time to ride of the walls. If you're at all concerned you could run a back up catch can on the return line or remove it for the event".

Back up catch can? Lots of long sweepers where I have autox'd in the past.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
04.SPT.WRX is offline   Reply With Quote