Turbo27
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270182
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
OBP

Default Wheel fitment!

Today I took the time to check wheel clearance and the rear. For sure going to need to roll the inside lip in so I need to do that first before I lower the car on the RCE yellows because it will be rubbing badly if i did. Hopefully I can take car of that either this weekend or early next week with a proper fender roller.

Also took care of the pesky dust shield on the rear brakes contacting the rotor and squeaking all the damn time! If anyone has a squeak from the rear it is most likely that. Take your brakes off and you can see where it is rubbing on the bottom side. I took the trusty dremel and cut off enough so it wouldn't touch anymore.

Pics below of fitment. Again these are 17X9 with a 45mm offset. I think 45 is just about perfect, I have about a 1/8-1/4" strut clearance in the rear and it will be flush with the fender after I roll the inside in. I'm not going to do anything to the body lines or profile of the fender besides maybe pull it slightly outward for a little added clearance. I want it to look no different from stock when I am done though.

Went out and drove the car a little hard and I am amazed at the grip! Well I did know that tires were going to make all the difference but experiencing it was totally eye opening. The car handles better with these wheels/tires and stock suspension than it ever did with the 205 SP Sport 8000's and koni/RCE setup. Can't wait to see how it does with the new swaybars added into the mix!

PICS:

Tomorrow I will work on putting the reflect-a-gold on the intercooler and finding a time to roll the fenders.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Turbo27; 03-24-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Turbo27 is offline   Reply With Quote