Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1984 "Skeletor from
"He-Man"

Have a Nice Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmicah View Post
People are so hung up on the price of this thing when no one has actually driven one. What's even better, is people that work in the industry and have driven the most impressive cars in the world are saying it's one of the most impressive cars they've driven and a bunch of people online are saying, "It's not worth it". Really?
  1. You haven't driven it either... why are you convinced that it's worth it?
  2. Those people were all gushing about how it performed during their 15 minutes with it on a track. I bet they'd be ecstatic to drive a Spec Miata around a track for 15 minutes too.. 15 minutes on a track doesn't give anyone a good idea of how well a car is to live with day in and out.
  3. The new reviews where people have driven it on the street are from the first drive junket in France.. in an area where the roadways were very smooth (even mentioned in a few of the articles).
  4. Component-wise and number-wise.. this car isn't impressive. I'm not concerned about the numbers, but the fact that there's nothing special about the suspension design or materials used in the chassis when compared to a $17,495 Impreza (nearly $7,500 cheaper than the FR-S) makes me question the value. At least, if there are some fancy components (like non-KYB inverted shocks or aluminum suspension arms), Toyota and Subaru have been eerily silent about them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote