View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #72
jack9778
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310398

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia490 View Post
(Thanks for sharing!
Where did you get the LEDs from, and do you have the part numbers?
I want to do the full LED swap as well, and might copy you on the lower rear reflector idea.

Did you notice any difference in light output of the fogs? At night do the tail/brake lights seem brighter?)

I purchased the LED's off of Ebay. The front and rear turn signals are 7440. If you change those, you'll also want to consider a flasher meant for LED's. I got mine from Fast WRX http://www.fastwrx.com/coledtusibu.html. It costs $19 and prevents hyper flashing. The brake light LED's are 7443-CK. For what ever reason this is a hard bulb to find. YOu might want to check Vleds.com You can use a regular 7443 but you will have to rearrange the leads. Check out this link for a DIY: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/show...&postcount=182. There is a pretty good write up on what you need to do to get the bulbs working properly otherwise you'll keep blowing fuses. The lower fogs are H16. I found these a bit of a pain to install. They have little tabs on either side that need to be cut off so they fit properly. A really sharp blade works great. As far as brightness goes, they seem brighter but I never got the impression that the lights were proper fog lights. They seem to be more for looks.

As far as swapping out the bulbs in the headlights is best done by removing them off the car, which requires removal of the bumper. At night the brake lights are pretty bright. I'll try and get a good picture tonight and post it up.

All the other bulbs are T10. I used T10 for the reverse lights but I am not happy with the output on them so I will be switching those out for T10 Wedge CREE R5 Emitter 7W. For the DRL's I will be using their 6K white 7.5W LED DRL. The map lights in the interior are also T10. The dome light on the roof takes a 31MM festoon bulb.

The lower reflectors are easy to install and take about 30 minutes to install. The instructions that are provided are pretty straight forward, however it would appear the wiring configuration is a bit different. The instructions indicate that you if you want to run the LED reflectors as brake lights, that you need to tap into the pink wire. I found this not to be the case. Tapping into the pink wire will make them run as running lights. You'll need to tap into the green wire instead.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Where did u get the LED fog light bulbs?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jack9778 is offline   Reply With Quote