Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Imp 5D Prem CVT
Marine Blue

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaflipper View Post
I ......

....... it might be a good idea to bring the car in for what he described as an "ECM Flash". He said he's seen this issue in the past with Outbacks where for whatever reason the car leaves the factory with the wrong or old "firmware".

I'll keep y'all posted but it seems like there could be a factory firmware issue out there. We will see!

PLEASE keep us posted on how this works out! I am trying to prove or disprove this theory, as I would really like to find a fix for this issue, on this otherwise wonderful car. We MIGHT have gotten an inadvertant ECM flash, and it seems like it might have helped a bit. (still determining how much). Sure would be nice to discover its that simple to fix.

Then we just have to figure out how to chill out the PZEV from apparently trying to set up a nuclear fusion reaction in the catalytic converter by burning enormous amounts of gas for the first couple of miles. Futile of course, but it tries playing "the little engine that could".

At least the ECU flash might make the rest of the drive meet expectations. Keep us posted on your results!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
thom52 is offline   Reply With Quote