Old 03-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #60
STINY11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 285661
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2011 STI
Dark Grey Metallic

I finally removed the plastidip off of my wheels after 6 months. They lasted the whole time and looked pretty good the whole time. The fact that I didn't spray the whole rim was the only reason I probably had to remove it. The edges started to peel off just a tiny bit at a time, so it ended up looking not as crisp around the edges and that was just annoying me.

The plus side: the rims are SUPER clean underneath, if nothing else, the plastidip kept my rims looking brand new an extra 6 months.

I think that if I had sprayed the whole rim and had put on more (and thicker) coats (probably a can per rim) it would have held up better. I ended up driving through some really rough storms for about 1200 miles in 2 days and that kind of killed the plastidip. But it held up for the 6 months before that.

It works great for figuring out what the rims will look like painted, and is pretty cheap and not very time intensive. I would suggest doing this to anyone who is skeptical. If you do it right, it could last for years (as lots of people have said on here).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
STINY11 is offline   Reply With Quote