italia490
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308742
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
Marine Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjSub2.0 View Post
Thats what I'm waiting for too. I don't even have my car yet still waiting and one of the biggest reason for me to go get my first Suby is that boxer growl on it.
I was under the back of my car today messing with the exhaust. I have the 5 door sport. I removed the two bolts separating the muffler from the pipe. It actually sounds nice. Has a moderate boxer rumble. Now while I was under the car,I looked at the setup and the exhaust hangers. Rally Sport Direct has a few exhausts that should bolt up just fine...the Invidia Q300 for the 2008-10 WRX, the Turbo XS for the 08-10 WRX and the HKS Legamax premium axle back. Obviously there are no guarantees that any of these three will fit. Based on the hanger position on the Invidia should be able to be used. The other ones I am not too sure about. Now the other issue is that there is no exhaust cut out for the tip. Out of the three that I mentioned, only the Invidia has adjust-ability in the positioning of the tip. The other two are fixed and would require cutting. I'm sure these will improve sound marginally but ultimately having UEL headers will accomplish what we are all looking for and that is the trademark boxer rumble. I am not an authority on this subject so do your due diligence and look underneath at the exhaust setup before buying anything. I am only offering my observational opinion.
Rallisport Racing currently has UEL headers for the 2.5i. I have been talking with Mike and he said he might build the UEL headers for the 2.0 if the demand is there. If I had the money, I would order the 2.5i headers....I'd like to think that they might just bolt up but I need to get underneath and take some measurements and send them over to Mike. His website is http://www.rallisportracing.com if you want to take a look at his work. Maybe if enough of us "bug" him, he will start prototyping earlier.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
italia490 is offline   Reply With Quote