Spenk
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7164
Vehicle:
2000 Miata LS
Evo Orange Mica (1/644)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyzero View Post
Thanks for the tip! I have been told numerous times the tune sucks. Honestly I can't get my head around that, but I do believe it. I have always kept my cars stock. And never had a single problem. My last car 07 WRX limited had 145,000 on the clock when I traded it. Original clutch, rear brakes and turbo. Still didn't use a drop of oil. I would often laugh at my friends who had the " tuned " NIGHTMARES ... it was always a problem. Mostly cobb stage 2 and lots of abuse, those tunes led to glowing red turbos, massive oil consumption ... not to mention other minor issues. I thought Subaru would be able to produce a safer tune. Not to mention this problem I am having started @ 8,000 miles. I just kept deleting the code. Thinking it was bad gas. I really feel stupid for that. Now I am hoping that the bearings are damaged as well. According to the dealer its the only way they can give me a long block. If not to a short block @ best. This bone is going to get traded before the warranty runs out. The dealer told me any map tune & I will no longer have a warranty. Great! Time for a beer.
Karma's a bitch, isn't it?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Spenk is offline   Reply With Quote