some old guy

Member#: 112225
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1985 78 HP of Rage!
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene
Clint and I tried to broach that subject last year. I think it would be great to make a clean break from Scca altogether AND make for better racing for everyone. It was shot down. I don't exactly know why the establishment is opposed to it. I would vote FOR it but this isn't a democracy. We are talking about 4 different clubs that run events together.
What establishment are you referring too? The handful of people who show up to the meetings consistantly or the handful of people who show up from each club at each event to set up at 6:30am?

We have been asking for volunteers and have been inviting people to meetings for the last 3 yrs and 3 people have taken us up on it... 3.

Unlike other meetings you may have attended, SZM meetings are casual, those in attendance get a chance to bring up new ideas, they are discussed, we go through our agenda and finish... usually within an hour or so.

We are running with current rules this season... not because this is not a democracy but because those of us who have been putting the series together feel this is working and we don't have time to do a revamp and pull all the events together this season.

I have never heard your concerns before and on at least 3 occassions I have tried to get you and several other people together.

Mike, this isn't the forum to bring this up... Next Thursday we are having an open membership meeting, 6:00 @ Conti Subaru, I would like to see you there. I would like to invite everyone interested in being part of the season to attend but be advised, we will be talking about volunteer positions and events at this first meeting not reinventing the wheel 3 weeks before the first event. Later meetings through out the Summer will be excellent opportunities to discuss 2013 scoring options and other ideas to make the 2013 points series even better.

If you want to discuss in more detail, please come to our next meeting or PM me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Racer Dubya; 04-06-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Racer Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote