View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #29
efiniluvr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 107170
Vehicle:
2002 ver 7 EJ207 WRX
WRB

I gave up trying to repin the ECU pins after almost destroying the first one. I used the small electronic precision type of flathead screwdriver. The pins are held up by those small tabs inside. So I moved on to drop the motor in.

After prepping the motor (swapping over some of the breather lines), Teeing the BPV line for boost gauge, temporarily using the EJ205 exhaust manifold (it was already tapped for EGT probe/gauge), and installed the flywheel and clutch, I decided to go ahead and attempt to drop the motor. No bueno.

The tranny is being supported by a floor jack so I can raise/lower the angle. I got the motor to line up all the bolt holes, but for some reason the two surfaces just won't get close enough to get the bolts to bite. I tried lowering tranny, raising motor and all other combinations and it seems that the bottom two bolts sticking out of the block is not in alignment with the hole and is holding it up. I even tried greasing the two bolts but it just won't go all the way. Any tips?

-Jeff
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
efiniluvr is offline   Reply With Quote