Walbro fuel pump
APS turbo inlet
Deatschwerks 650cc injectors
Cobb AccessPORT ver 2
TurboXS big MAF intake
Grimmspeed BCS

333 HP and 322 TQ

About the turbo:

It is a prototype Blouch 16G XTR. It has a billet 16G wheel, Blouch housings, and a Garrett ball bearing center cartridge. It is not available yet and is still in testing and final development. If you jam the lines and email Blouch about it, it might speed up the process or honk them off, one of the two! Wheel size is 37 lb/min.

Mine came ported, not sure if the full retail will or if it is extra.

Read deal Garrett center.

BPT 8 is cast and I'm 98.5% sure this means it is an 8cm hotside.

Driving impression is that I am now a huge fan of a ball bearing center cartridge. Throttle response is lightning. Just taking the tension out of the gas pedal generates 5 PSI. If a responsive turbo is your forte, this one is for you. While the graph makes it seem a touch on the laggy side, this is far from the truth as on the road my car is now a holy terror. 0-60 is crazy and 60-100 is down right nuts. My previous turbo was a Deadbolt Super16G which was no slouch putting out 290HP on a Dynojet. The new turbo kills it everywhere, especially down low. Jermaine also made me a more conservative 20 PSI map (as yet not used) considering my car is getting up there in the miles at 150,000.

When Jermaine was tuning he remarked normal 16Gs make 280HP on his Dynapak. This one is +50HP over that. When I reminded him that this WAS a 16G, he got all bugeyed and made me laugh. After road tuning when we were done, he flipped me the keys and smiled like a Cheshire cat and said I'd like it and he was right! It's really awesome when someone like Jermaine is happy with the results. Fuel according to the logs was low 90s for IDCs with a couple values at 96, so this pretty much maxes out 650s on 93 octane.

Props:
Mike at Blouch Turbo in Lebanon, PA for letting me test this.
Andrew at Andrewtech Automotive in Gaithersburg MD for install help and letting me sleep on his couch.
Jermaine at Turbo XS in Gaithersburg, MD for tuning the crap out of my car.
Justin at Grimmspeed in Minneapolis, MN for my BCS.
Trey at Cobb Tuning in Austin, TX for AccessPORT ver. 2.
Mike at Deatschwerks in Oklahoma City, OK for the injectors.
Chris at Killer B in Waynesboro, VA for my new headers and uppipe.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote