Old 04-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
efiniluvr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 107170
Vehicle:
2002 ver 7 EJ207 WRX
WRB

Default Swap completed

Here is what the motor looks like (like thousands of other engine bay pics ). Here is what I have done since the last update

Hooking up all engine harness
Hooking up A/C line. The line near the top needs to be slightly bent to line up.
Hooked up throttle body cables, I reused the USDM one
Installed TMIC, BPV, and associated lines
Reinstall starter, don't forget the ground strap next to the power supply
Installed VF39 hose/restrictor pill assembly
Installed new radiator, fill up with coolant. I had to add a Tee to accomadate for the line from the coolant expansion tank (on top of the intake manifold) with the overflow line from the radiator filler neck.
Trim the Samco upper radiator hose (near top of engine), as the clearance between the hose and the fan blade was too close for comfort
Oil change (the EJ207 still had mad JDM oil in it along with a PIAA oil filter, yo!!)

Prior to starting, I pulled the Ignition Fuse (#11), located behind the coin tray box. I turn ignition on 5-6 times.
Reinstall fuse, and pressurize the fuel lines by turning ignition to ON (not engine start). I had installed a Walboro, and it is a bit louder than stock fuel pump.

With the turn of the key, the car started right up. Initially, I heard some "clacking, whiny sound" coming from the intake manifold. I shut off the engine right away, and readjusted the tension of the alternator belt, restart the motor but the noise was still present. Looking around, it sounded like it was coming from the PS pump, and it turned out that the PS pump was working a bit harder since the PS fluid did not fully circulate in the system. I added more fluid, as the reservoir level was decreasing from filling the rack, the lines and the pump itself, the noise gradually went away. It gave me quite a scare as thoughts of a bad motor ran through my mind.

I am still connected to the EJ205 ECU as I continue to deal with wiring up the AVCS.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
efiniluvr is offline   Reply With Quote