efiniluvr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 107170
Vehicle:
2002 ver 7 EJ207 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
You have to add the AVCS on both sides, therefore you have to add conductors, or use existing conductors on both the driver and passenger side engine harness, if you haven't done so (I have not followed what you did).
I think the AVCS stayed the same with the EUDM and JDM EJ207. The EUDM Electrical manual for the 207 can be downloaded for free.

The DS1 situation was for people that did not have conductors for the AVCS and tried to find an answer to make this swap useable and cheap for everyone. You're one step ahead, with your dedicated harnesses and don't need to re-use the TGV pathways, for the purpose of AVCS, because this is what DS1 was doing, fom what I recall.

The TGV's don't overlap probably because the EUDM had both TGV and AVCS and they were assigned so they can all live together.

The only overlap is if you wire the autowash with an emissions control in the tank.
Thanks Vlad for the information. Before I proceed, I just want to confirm:

1) Given what I have in my hand, the shielded wires pulled from a JDM harness (see pics above), I simply add those wires to the same locations DS1 instructed. I do not need to repin the TGV wires that are already on the WRX bulkhead ECU connector (the V7 ECU doesn't read the TGV's therefore, no need to repin the WRX TGV wires). Correct?

2) I add the additional pins at the passenger side harness block, correct?

3) I repin the pins on the driver side harness block, correct?

4) Why are there 5 wires at the ECU, but only 4 at the passenger harness block? I see the additional one at the ECU is for Pin 14 AVCS Sensor (Shield Common Ground on the DS1 instruction).

As far as physically adding the pins at the ECU, do you have any tips on it? The task seems remedial, but was harder than I initially thought. I tried to push hard, but it would not budge. I stopped out of fear of breaking the pins themselves. Tips would be great.

Thanks
-Jeff
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
efiniluvr is offline   Reply With Quote