Scooby Guru

Member#: 86459
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafour
i like the thought of this more and more everyday. it seems like the best of all worlds (except maybe price). i see people say the ride quality is great, is that compared to stock or aftermarket?

if i were to do something like this i would have four settings: high for crazy inclines/speed bumps, stock height, lowered for daily driving and slammed when i lock the car in a parking lot.
I went with the elevel system and it does just that. 3 preset ride heights, and fully aired out. then there is your high setting, your driving setting, and your low setting.

I can't comment yet on ride quality, but the setup I have went with has been on many track cars, and thats good enough for me to prove it can handle lol. Plus I won't ever drive on a track so DD will suffice just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey
this thread is full of win. i know it says not ask technical questions but i'm beyond curious and am really debating going this route. as far as alignment, when the car lowers, does it not mess the figures up at all? is it the same all across the board weather your raised up or laying frame?

Yes, the car will be out of alignment. you basically want to get aligned on whatever height you want to "drive" around on, and you stay at that. Then you can air down/up at other times when needed. Being out of alignment for that little period of time imho isn't going to destroy your tires, unless you are driving out of alignment for a long period of time which would be pointless lol.

If you go with a pressure based system you need to set each bag at a certain PSI, and figure out what psi in each corner you would like for optimal "driving" height. This is why I went with a height based setup, as its done automatically It will adjust on its own and you have no numbers to worry about, but this also worries some people as they would like to see what psi your at in case you have a leak you can spot it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote